[Rd] Change in package.skeleton behavior from R 3.6.3 to R 4.0.0 ?

Sat Jun 6 22:14:21 CEST 2020

On 6 June 2020 at 15:53, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| This change happened in August, 2019, about 10 months ago.  Perhaps this
| message asking people to test R-devel is relevant:
|
| https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2020-May/079484.html

Touche :) And fully agree. Rcpp's unit tests covered Rcpp.package.skeleton()
since about 2013. I have been keeping a local 'RD' build of R-devel in
/usr/local/ for much longer to test both r-release and r-devel.  But test
coverage is never full or complete, and what bit me here during a live demo
(now at [1]) was the equivalent functionality tickled with from RStudio with
similar-but-not-identical code.

And that part is certainly NOT contained in the unit tests. Can't win'em
all. Still my bad for not checking NEWS, and bad luck this change did not get
tickled by the many Rcpp tests runs here since the change was made.

Dirk

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zap6j1uUyw