[Rd] [External] Re: use of the tcltk package crashes R 4.0.1 for Windows

Jeroen Ooms jeroenoom@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 8 09:36:57 CEST 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:03 AM <luke-tierney using uiowa.edu> wrote:

> I've committed the change to use Free instead of free in tcltk.c and
> sys-std.c (r78652 for R-devel, r78653 for R-patched).

Thank you! I can confirm that the example from above no longer crashes
in R--patched.

John, can you confirm that everything seems to work now in Rcmd with
today's R-patched build from CRAN?
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

Hopefully Peter will be able to tag a 4.0.2 hotfix release based on
4.0.1 + above patch, without going through the full release
procedure...