[Rd] CRAN checks and ASAN

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therne@u @end|ng |rom m@yo@edu
Thu Jun 11 16:57:35 CEST 2020

I have a version of R-devel on my development box that has the address sanitizer turned
on.   This was instrumental in finding a pair of subtle memory issues.  (I had read, but
never written, one element past the end of an array, which caused issues on some
architectures.)

1. I now get a end-of-job messsages from R CMD check survival3.2-3.tar.gz about leaks in
main/eval.c.    They don't appear in 00config.out or 00install.out.
  I assume that I can ignore these?

2. When I run my long 'check all packages that depend on survival' job, a lot of package
fail with sanitizer leaks.   Again, not my problem?
If so, I just need to recomple R without the ASAN tags and try again.

Terry T.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]