[Rd] Tcl.Tk Tktable package missing from R 4.0.0 on Windows

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Sun May 3 18:15:42 CEST 2020

Dear R-devel list members,

The Tktable package for Tcl/Tk is apparently missing from the Windows distribution of R 4.0.0. I (actually a user of the Rcmdr package) discovered this when trying to use the new-data-set dialog in the Rcmdr package, producing the error, "Tcl package 'Tktable' must be installed first."

I believe the Tktable has been part of the R distribution for Windows since R version 2.9.0, and is still present in the macOS distribution of R 4.0.0.

I apologize for not discovering this problem prior to the release of R 4.0.0. I did test the Rcmdr package under R 4.0.0 on both Windows and macOS, but not every menu item and dialog on each platform.

Does anyone have more information about this problem?

Thank you,
 John