[Rd] dbinom link

Sat May 23 22:34:13 CEST 2020

    > What about using the Wayback Machine archive ? The web archive should be
    > more stable than other links which also might disappear in the future.

    > E.g.
    > https://web.archive.org/web/20070610002602/http://www.herine.net/stat/software/dbinom.html

    > , which also links to an archived copy of the PDF.

    > Best regards,
    > Hilmar

Thank you, Hilmar;  I have been aware of the web.archive ... but
I already had 3 (very slightly different) versions of the report
on my computer (from "way back" ..).

We've now added the "best" (and most recent, 2002) to the R-project website,
and amended the 'Binomial'  help page to include the new link:  It
now says (in R-devel and 'R 4.0.0 patched') :

  Source:

     For dbinom a saddle-point expansion is used: see

     Catherine Loader (2000). _Fast and Accurate Computation of
     Binomial Probabilities_; available as <URL:
     https://www.r-project.org/doc/reports/CLoader-dbinom-2002.pdf>

Best regards,
Martin