[Rd] closing R graphics windows?

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 27 14:19:58 CEST 2020

> The only annoying thing for me is that 'plot()' is not interruptible, so neither Ctrl-C nor the window manager can stop a plot once it has started - but I submitted a bug to fix this a long time ago. If I use the keyboard to close the window while a plot is being drawn, then it has to finish drawing before the window actually closes.

When R first shifted to Cairo, there was a noticeable performance
loss, which could be fixed by changing to the nondefault (but
traditional) "X11" graphics device.

But that was about ten years ago.
And at present, I'm not using Linux on a regular basis, and haven't
been following changes to the graphics devices.

Perhaps someone who is more familiar with graphics devices under
Linux, could comment on options to increase performance...?

P.S.
Cairo does produce high-quality graphics, better than any PDF viewer I've seen.