[Rd] Rust bindings to nmath

Tue Sep 1 14:56:53 CEST 2020

On 1 September 2020 at 13:01, Richard Dodd wrote:
| I needed some statistical functions for a project I was working on in
| Rust, and I've used the R math library as a standalone solution. I

That's its purpose as far as I can tell. We have provided it as a Debian
package alongside the "normal" R interpreter (and everything else) "for
decades" too.

| thought the R developers would be interested in the fact that their work
| is being used elsewhere, and I also wanted to say thanks for some code I
| do NOT want to have to write myself!
|
| The "crate" (Rust's name for a package) is at
| https://lib.rs/crates/r_stats.

Nice.

Any chance you could rename it to a more neutral r_mathlib or something?
As a free-standing C library it has long been wrapped by other languages, but
if it were my project I'd be more careful to not imply "all of stats" here.
FWIW in Debian we call it `r-mathlib`.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org