[Rd] some questions about R internal SEXP types

Bertram, Alexander @|ex @end|ng |rom bed@t@dr|ven@com
Tue Sep 8 09:33:42 CEST 2020

Hi Dan,

For what it's worth, Renjin requires LISTSXPs to hold either a LISTSXP or a
NULL, and this appears to be largely the case in practice based on running
tests for thousands of packages (including cross compiled C code). I can
only remember it being briefly an issue with the rlang package, but Lionel
graciously changed it:
https://github.com/r-lib/rlang/pull/579

Best,
Alex