[Rd] some questions about R internal SEXP types

Hadley Wickham h@w|ckh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 8 14:25:50 CEST 2020

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 4:12 AM Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalibera using gmail.com> wrote:

> The general principle is that R packages are only allowed to use what is
> documented in the R help (? command) and in Writing R Extensions. The
> former covers what is allowed from R code in extensions, the latter
> mostly what is allowed from C code in extensions (with some references
> to Fortran).

Could you clarify what you mean by "documented"? For example,
Rf_allocVector() is mentioned several times in R-exts, but I don't see
anywhere where the inputs and output are precisely described (which is
what I would consider to be documented). Is Rf_allocVector() part of
the API?

Hadley

--
http://hadley.nz