[Rd] custom allocators, Valgrind and uninitialized memory

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Wed Apr 14 09:35:27 CEST 2021

Andres,

correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue here is not initialisation but rather valgrind flagging. You simply have to call VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED() in your code after allocVector3() to declare that you have initialised the memory - or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Simon