[Rd] \Sexpr[results=hide] produces \verb{ newlines }

Thu Aug 5 19:42:23 CEST 2021

Hello Martin,

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 22:14:17 +0200
Martin Maechler <maechler using stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> I have implemented a version of your patch in my local copy of
> R-devel and tested your example, also with  Rd2latex() ..
> interestingly   Rd2txt()  does not produce the extra new lines
> even without your patch.

That's interesting, indeed. I think that flushBuffer() is responsible
for collapsing multiple blank lines into one in that case, but they do
get preserved in the buffer up to before that.

> I plan to commit your proposal after the weekend unless has
> reasons against that.

Thanks for the review!

--
Best regards,