[Rd] capturing multiple warnings in tryCatch()

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Sat Dec 4 02:40:39 CET 2021

Dear Adrian,

For consistency, you might want to put toreturn$value <- output$value inside of if (capture) {}. In any event, it makes sense for me to wait for the modified admisc::tryCatchWEM to find its way to CRAN rather than to maintain my own version of the function.

Thanks for this,
 John

On 2021-12-03, 6:27 PM, "R-devel on behalf of Adrian Dușa" <r-devel-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of dusa.adrian using gmail.com> wrote:

    Dear John,

    The logical argument capture is already in production use by other
    packages, but I think this is easily solved by:

    if (!is.null(output$value) & output$visible) {
        if (capture) {
            toreturn$output <- capture.output(output$value)
        }
        toreturn$value <- output$value
    }

    so that value is always part of the return list, if visible.

    This is a very good suggestion, and I've already incorporated it into this
    function.

    All the best,
    Adrian

    	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]