[Rd] Appropriate mailing list for " Improved LP/MIP solver "

Avraham Adler @vr@h@m@@d|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 13 17:10:38 CET 2021

I defer completely and totally to Martin!

Apologies,

Avi

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 10:59 AM Martin Maechler <maechler using stat.math.ethz.ch>
wrote:

>  [........................]
>
> Thank you, Julian and Avi,  on the topic of asking and replying
> if there's interest on getting improved LP / MIP  (and QP, I think was
> mentioned too!) solver interfaces for R.
>
> However, Avi writes
>
>     > Also, to be good R-citizens, this thread should probably be moved to
>     > R-package-devel [1].
>
>     > Thanks,
>     > Avi
>
> and I'm of an entirely different opinion.
>
> R-package-devel  has been created, aons after R-devel,  to
> *help* R package developers to get their packaging problems
> solved, notably to get advice in making their packages ready for
> CRAN.
>
> Julian's question was really addressing the whole R developer
> community asking if some functionality was desirable to be added
> to the R-package space.
>
> For me one *the* appropriate topics for this R-devel mailing
> list.
>
> Best,
> Martin
>
> ---
> Martin Maechler
> ETH Zurich  and  R Core
> (and original creator of R-help, R-devel, .. lists)

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]