[Rd] Apple M1 CRAN checks

Travers Ching tr@ver@c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 23 08:34:04 CET 2021

Hi Prof Ripley,

Here is the automated message from CRAN which I thought meant needing to
fix an M1 issue:

"The auto-check found additional issues for the *last* version released on
CRAN:
  M1mac <https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/M1mac/stringfish.out>
CRAN incoming checks do not test for these additional issues and you will
need an appropriately instrumented build of R to reproduce these.
Hence please reply-all and explain: Have these been fixed? "

However, RcppParallel (a dependency) isn't building on M1:
https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/M1mac/RcppParallel.out

If I understand you correctly, I can ignore the M1 "Additional issues"
until official R support?

Thank you,
Travers