[Rd] Apple M1 CRAN checks

Blätte, Andreas @ndre@@@b|@ette @end|ng |rom un|-due@de
Sun Feb 28 17:13:56 CET 2021

Dear Gilbert,

it would obviously great to have something like Win-builder/R-hub for the architecture of the M1 macs.  I had an issue with the RcppCWB package I maintain in January and I could not get hold of a M1 Mac mini quickly. So I resorted to hiring one with MacStadium (https://www.macstadium.com/). That worked nicely and I had a testing environment within a few hours. But it is an expensive solution (~ 100$ per month)!

In the meantime I got myself a Mac mini... Great machine, but obviously not everybody should not be forced to buy one. So it would be great to learn whether there are plans to offer testing environments for Apple M1.

Andreas Blätte