[Rd] URL checks

Mon Jan 11 11:41:03 CET 2021

>    > Instead of a separate file to store such a list, would it be an idea
>to add versions of the \href{}{} and \url{} markup commands that are skipped
>by the URL checks?
>    > Best,
>    > Wolfgang
>
>I think John Nash and you misunderstood -- or then I
>misunderstood -- the original proposal:
>
>I've been understanding that there should be a  "central repository" of URL
>exceptions that is maintained by volunteers.
>
>And rather *not* that package authors should get ways to skip
>URL checking..
>
>Martin

Hi Martin,

Kirill suggested: "A file inst/URL that lists all URLs where failures are allowed -- possibly with a list of the HTTP codes accepted for that link."

So, if it is a file in inst/, then this sounds to me like this is part of the package and not part of some central repository.

Best,
Wolfgang