[Rd] brief update on the pipe operator in R-devel

Bill Dunlap w||||@mwdun|@p @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jan 16 01:35:12 CET 2021

If
    3 |> x => f(x, y=x)
were allowed then I think that
     runif(1) |> x => f(x, y=x)
be parsed as
     f(runif(1), y=runif(1))
so runif(1) would be evaluated twice, leading to incorrect results from f().

-Bill