[Rd] S3 dispatch does not work for generics defined inside an environment

Taras Zakharko t@r@@@z@kh@rko @end|ng |rom uzh@ch
Thu Jul 1 09:27:13 CEST 2021

Hi Greg,

That was my original plan as well, but managing and deploying dozens of little packages that are all under active development is a nightmare even with devtools. Just too much overhead, not to mention that coming up with names that would not have namespace conflicts was getting silly.

In the end, I wrote a package that implements lightweight python-like modules for R and that has really improved my workflow. I hope to publish this package later this year after I have cleaned it up a bit.

Thanks,

Taras