[Rd] Feature request: Change default library path on Windows

Sun Jul 25 00:56:36 CEST 2021

On 24 July 2021 at 15:53, Steve Haroz wrote:
| I'd like to propose moving the default library install location on Windows from:
| %USERPROFILE%/Documents/R
| to some other location such as:
| %USERPROFILE%/R

Can you not set .Library.site in R_HOME/etc/Rprofile.site (or maybe setting
R_LIBS_SITE either in R_HOME/etc/Renviron.site, or system-wide as an env
variable so that you do not have to copy R_HOME/etc/Renviron.site once you
upgrade R).

See 'R Installation and Administration: 6.2 Managing libraries' for more:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Managing-libraries

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org