[Rd] Possible x11 window manager window aggregation under one icon?

Tue Mar 23 16:54:07 CET 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:41:39 -0400
Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com> wrote:

> It would probably be nice  to have rgl windows and other R graphics
> windows in the same group, but I don't see a way for rgl to know the
> group_leader that R is using (and it's probably not worth adding this
> to the API to be able to request it).
>
> Am I missing an easier solution?

Do you envision any problems stemming from setting the same WM_CLASS
("r_x11", "R_x11") for rgl windows as used by x11() windows? I think
that most DEs are able to group windows by WM_CLASS in addition to
WM_HINTS.window_group (Xfce does that by default, GNOME turned out to
just need a hint in the .application file).

--
Best regards,
Ivan