[Rd] Testing R build when using --without-recommended-packages?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 4 20:07:26 CEST 2021

Thanks, but I don't understand. That's what I usually do when I build
R with 'recommended' packages.  But here, I explicitly do *not* want
to build and install 'recommended' packages with the R installation.
So, I'm going down the --without-recommended-packages path on purpose
and I'm looking for a way to validate such an installation.

If your comment is on the 'stats' examples' hard dependency on 'MASS'
despite it's being a suggested packages, I still don't follow.

/Henrik