[Rd] 1954 from NA

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 24 16:30:14 CEST 2021

Hi Taras,

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 4:20 PM Taras Zakharko <taras.zakharko using uzh.ch>
wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Have a look at vctrs package — they have low-level primitives that might
> simplify your life a bit. I think you can get quite far by creating a
> custom type that stores NAs in an attribute and utilizes vctrs proxy
> functionality to preserve these attributes across different operations.
> Going that route will likely to give you a much more flexible and robust
> solution.

Yes I am well aware of the primitives from package vctrs, since package
haven itself uses the vctrs_vctr class.
They're doing a very interesting work, albeit not a solution for this
particular problem.

A.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]