[Rd] Detect UCRT-built R from within R sessions (and in configure.win)

Hiroaki Yutani yut@n|@|n| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 9 05:54:57 CEST 2021

Thank you for the prompt reply.

> There in not such a mechanism, yet, but can be added, at least for
> diagnostics.

For example, can R.version somehow contain the information?

> We could add support for configure.ucrt, which would take precedence
> over configure.win on the UCRT builds (like Makevars.ucrt takes
> precedence over Makevars.win). Would that work for you?

Yes, configure.ucrt should work for me. There might be someone who prefers
to switch by some envvar rather than creating another file, but I don't
have a strong opinion here.

Best,
Hiroaki Yutani