[Rd] Minor error in ?cbind

Thu Aug 4 16:03:24 CEST 2022

    > The help for rbind() and cbind() says in the text that the
    > default for deparse.level is 0, when in fact it is 1.

Well, that's not what is meant by the current text.
Note that ";" is semantically almost a ".", and I have always read

     \code{deparse.level = 0} constructs no labels; the default,\cr
     \code{deparse.level = 1 or 2} constructs labels from the argument
     names, see the \sQuote{Value} section below.

as

     'deparse.level = 0' constructs no labels;
     the default, 'deparse.level = 1 or 2' constructs labels from the argument
     names, see the _Value_ section below.

so *not* as claiming that the default is deparse.level=0.
But you are right that the current phrasing should be changed to
be more clear.  I would like to keep mentioning the default in the
\arguments{} part, and only change that, e.g., to

     \code{deparse.level = 0} constructs no labels;
     the default \code{deparse.level = 1} typically and
     \code{deparse.level = 2} always construct labels from the argument
     names, see the \sQuote{Value} section below.

WDYT ?