[Rd] Is the behaviour of sample's prob = NULL default argument undocumented?

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Mon Aug 8 19:13:06 CEST 2022

Hi,

In the Details section of ?sample, the 6th paragraph begins with the following sentence:

"The optional prob argument can be used to give a vector of weights for obtaining the elements of the vector being sampled."

Since the argument is optional, it would imply that the default behavior is for an equal weighting of the elements in the source vector.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz