[Rd] R-devel Digest, Vol 229, Issue 21

Ivan Krylov kry|ov@r00t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 30 20:17:44 CEST 2022

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:45:15 +0000
Georgi Boshnakov <georgi.boshnakov using manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> I am surprised that the above macro ever worked as intended.

I'm sorry, somehow I didn't pay enough attention when preparing that
part of the e-mail. The actual macro uses tools::toRd(bibentry(...)).

> I don't know if something was fixed between the R-devel you used and
> probably the most recent one I did but reproducible example and
> system information would be helpful.

I'll remember to provide more reproducible examples next time.

c81965 was reverted, and "take two" of the improvement in c82029
doesn't crash my macros (thanks, Kurt Hornik!), but I'm still willing
to rewrite my macros to give R maintainers more freedom to evolve Rd in
the future. Maybe it's better to use a per-package database of
bibentries and reference them with much simpler macro arguments, but
that would be better fit for R-pkg-devel :)

Best regards,

More information about the R-devel mailing list