[Rd] Regression in 4.2.0: unable to type special characters in Windows RGui

Cesko Voeten cvoeten @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 7 15:14:08 CEST 2022

Hi,

Since upgrading to 4.2.0, I can't type special characters in RGui anymore. Specifically affected are at least "'~^ which, on my US-International keyboard layout, all rely on dead keys. This was not a problem in R <= 4.1.3, although I can't say whether the reason is any change in R itself, or the fact that 4.2.0 is the first version built against ucrt. OS is an up-to-date Windows 10, language is Dutch. I tried toggling the 'experimental' Unicode support in Windows's Country & Region settings, but it makes no difference. Is this a known regression?

Cesko Voeten