[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Paulo Barata pb @end|ng |rom |n|o||nk@com@br
Tue May 17 15:04:35 CEST 2022

Dear Tomas,

Great news! I downloaded R-devel 2022-05-16 r82368 for Windows and
installed it on my Windows 10 Professional. It works perfectly well with
Dasher 5.0 beta!

In Dasher, I tried all special characters like $ & | *, many small and
capital letters, including some accented ones like á À ê ç that exist in
Portuguese (and other languages, e.g. French (there are versions of
Dasher for many languages)), all digits, space, the Enter character and
the "Backspace" movement (to erase previously written characters),
everything works well.

Now, we can fully use Dasher in the R console.

It seems that we cannot yet normally install packages in this R-devel
r82368. So I look forward to the day when a stable R 4.3.0 will be
available. Meanwhile, for my ecological work, I can use R perfectly well
with the versions 4.1.3 and 4.2.0 that I have here, so, from my
viewpoint, this R 4.3.0 can take its time to come to light.

I can only thank you very much, and all the other people who took part
in this discussion, for the quick fix to this issue.

Best regards,

Paulo Barata

(Rio de Janeiro - Brazil)