[Rd] How to access to internal header files

Sebastian Fischer @eb|@||@cher @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 24 09:01:17 CEST 2022

Dear R-devel Mailing List,

I would like to get a better understanding of R's internal structures by
using R's
C API. For that I would like to have access to all the C header files
that are listed
here: https://github.com/wch/r-source/tree/trunk/src/include. (i.e. I
want to e.g.
#include <Defn.h>

However when I install R, there is only a subset of those header files
available
on my system. While I am aware that files like Defn.h are not intended
to be used by
R Extensions, I assume there must be some way to configure R's
compilation to make
these definitions available for my exploration of the language.

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards

Sebastian Fischer