[Rd] tools:: extracting pkg dependencies from DCF

Jan Gorecki j@goreck| @end|ng |rom w|t@edu@p|
Fri Oct 28 22:56:54 CEST 2022

Gabriel,

It is the most basic CI use case. One wants to install only
dependencies only of the package, and run R CMD check on the package.

Unless you say that installing the package and then running R CMD
check on that package is considered good practice. Then yes,
functionality I am asking about is not needed. Somehow I never thought
that this could be considered a good practice just by the fact that
installation of the package could already impact environment in which
check is taking place.

Best,
Jan