[Rd] Parser bug? A comma too much.

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 16 17:00:06 CEST 2022

As a general matter, empty arguments are allowed and are used meaningfully in some contexts, notably A[i,], which is syntactic sugarcoating of "["(A,i,).

I.e., these are different:

> "["(Sigma,2,) # 2nd row
[1] 0.077 0.168
> "["(Sigma,2) # 2nd element
[1] 0.077

It is somewhat rare to have an empty last argument, intermediate ones are more common:

> seq(0,1,,5)
[1] 0.00 0.25 0.50 0.75 1.00

-pd