[Rd] Problem with accessibility in R 4.2.0 and 4.2.1.

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 22 18:24:09 CEST 2022

Tomas Kalibera has related that he has some scars from fighting with some unexpected interactions between UTF-8 and the GraphApp library that is used for RGui and I think he said that screen readers were involved. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a leftover issue. (This is obviously a kind of issue that non-blind users don't "see" :-) ).

Would it work for you to use the terminal application (the "DOS box", or whatever it is called these days) until the issue gets fixed?

In general, I would expect your go-to guy for blindness-related issues to be Jonathon Godfrey (cc'ed). Perhaps he can offer some advice.

-pd