R-beta: 'sample' function

Jim Lemon bitwrit at ozemail.com.au
Thu Aug 20 13:25:43 CEST 1998

"This is a good little exercise for someone :-)"

I had the chance to rework some of the functions I have used for various
testing and stats programs, plus adding a few new bits.  As far as I can
tell, this more or less replicates the S-PLUS 'sample' function.  I
wrote and compiled it on Linux v2.0.31 using gcc v2.7.2.3.

As I am still not entirely clear on the data types used in R, there are
probably some alterations necessary to allow it to be used.  Please let
me know what is needed, as I have a bit of spare time at the moment.
Also, the 'main' and 'PrintVec' routines are only for demonstration of
the functionality, and would be chopped out for actual use.

Jim