[R] MS level position at U. Washington

A.J. Rossini rossini at biostat.washington.edu
Thu Dec 9 22:22:51 CET 1999

I know it isn't done often, so apologies if this posting offends.  But
after posting the announcement of the open position to a number of
other software lists, I was thinking, why not to R-help?  (esp since
knowing R is one option for meeting the requirements).

best,
-tony

We are looking for an masters level statistician.  If interested, feel
free to apply.  I am available to answer questions about the position.
More information can be found at:

http://www.washington.edu/admin/employment/1999archive/12-1999archive/99-0990.html

Reference: 99-0990
Department: Department of Biostatistics, Center for Aids Research (CFAR)
Date Available: December 8, 1999
Closing Date: Open until filled.

General Duties/Description: The Research Consultant will be
responsible for creating, documenting, maintaining, and analyzing data
sets for researchers at the Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) and its
affiliates. The CFAR is a world leader in research in the areas of
HIV/AIDS, and the Research Consultant will be exposed to a wide
variety of problems.  Responsibilities also include assisting with the
development of statistical and scientific resources for clinical,
biological, prevention and behavioral AIDS research, and well as
performing statistical analyses of data for manuscripts leading to
publication in peer-reviewed journals.

Requirements: A Master's degree in statistics or biostatistics and
experience in cleaning and analyzing data. Working knowledge of the
analysis of longitudinal data and of generalized linear models such as
logistic or poisson regression required. Previous experience with
medical research data and with consulting is preferred. Familiarity
with S-PLUS, R, or Stata in a Unix-based environment
required. Additional experience with SPSS or SAS, Microsoft Word and
Excel under Microsoft Windows is preferred. The ability to work
independently, as well as responsibly on multiple projects
required. Equivalent education or experience may substitute for stated
requirements.

How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to: Sally Weatherford,
Administrator, Center for AIDS and STD / Allergy and Infectious
Diseases, Box 359931, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini			Research Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Center for AIDS Research/HMC	Biostatistics/Univ. of Washington
rossini at u.washington.edu	rossini at biostat.washington.edu
http://www.biostat.washington.edu/~rossini/

Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch