[R] Installing on 64-bit Dec or SGI

Albrecht Gebhardt agebhard at zidsrv.sci.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Feb 10 01:59:54 CET 1999

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Gregory R. Warnes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The systems guys here in the stat dept don't seem to be able to
> compile R on the Dec Alphas or on the SGIs.  Can anyone give them a hand?
>
> -Greg

I attached my "config.site" file. I am using it with R 0.63.2 on my Alphas
(DU 4.0E) with no problems during compiling. It contains the needed
fortran and ld options. You have to do only a "./configure" and "make".

I hope this helps.

BTW, there are binary packages available at our ftp server

  ftp://ftp.uni-klu.ac.at/pub/uni-klu.ac.at/rpms/osf1/alpha/

but currently they are not up to date, and because these packages are in
RPM format you would first need to install rpm 2.5 and some basic freeware
rpm packages for DU 4.0. (These are Digital Unix (4.0) RPMs and no
Linux/Alpha RPMs!)

Best wishes

Albrecht Gebhardt
| Albrecht Gebhardt          Tel.: (++43 463) 2700/837               |
| Institut fuer Mathematik   Fax : (++43 463) 2700/834               |
| Universitaet Klagenfurt    mailto:albrecht.gebhardt at uni-klu.ac.at  |
| Villacher Str. 161         http://www-stat.uni-klu.ac.at/~agebhard |
| A-9020 Klagenfurt, Austria                                         |