[R] ANOVA "ex post" Analysis

Ulf Mehlig umehlig at uni-bremen.de
Mon May 10 10:50:00 CEST 1999

Hello out there,

there has recently been a posting of Uli Flenker with a question about
multiple comparisons etc. of means after anova, and I posted a similar
question earlier. So far, I haven't seen any replies on the list. It
would be nice if somebody could give me a hint whether the silence
meant "no", "don't know", "no interest", or simply "question
irrelevant or stupid". Especially the last would ideally be
supplemented by a short literature recommendation ;-)

Might be, that I'm overlooking something, but for non-mathematicians
it is sometimes a little bit hard to find your way through the R help
files, partly, because popular books or articles about statistics read
by, say, simple biologists, use a slightly different language (or
explain things a little bit superficially).

However, even if R is intended for more professional "users", I must
say that I learned a lot from and with R, and I think, it could be a
very valuable tool for "beginners" in statistics, too (much more than
click-and-believe-what-I-say packages used in some institutes I know).
The serious drawback of this for you is, that people like me ask silly
questions on R-help ...

Thank you for patience & sorry for wasting your time,
Ulf