[R] R installation

Brian.O'Gorman@noaa.gov Brian.O'Gorman at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 16 00:43:12 CET 2000

I've decided to install in R in a directory other than /usr/local, but
I'm having difficulty in setting the correct paths, i.e. PATH or path.
I've set my R_HOME, and sure enough there's a bin and lib directory
there but R just won't execute (something like GUI 'X11' is not
supported. However when R is installed in /usr/local then everything is
OK...Any help or comments appreciated...