[R] design()

partha_bagchi@hgsi.com partha_bagchi at hgsi.com
Wed Jan 12 14:24:24 CET 2000

If I am not mistaken, design is part of the Frank Harrell collection of
functions in Splus. His copyright notice specifically states:
------begin quote ------
COPYRIGHT NOTICE

You may not port code in the Hmisc library to R.
You may distribute these functions freely as long as you do so without
financial gain, that you acknowledge the source, and that you
communicate improvements to the author.

The author is willing to help with problems.  Send E-mail to
fharrell at virginia.edu.

-----end quote -----

Strange in my opinion.

                    ros mathieu
                    <rosm at ufrima.imag.fr        To:     R-help <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
                    >                           cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     [R] design()
                    owner-r-help at stat.ma
                    th.ethz.ch

                    01/12/00 06:19 AM
                    Please respond to
                    mathieuros

hello all,
Is there an equivalent in R to S-plus design() function, which creates an
object of class "design"  ?
why this funcion isn't implemented (I mean, is there a special reason) ?
also, where can I find documentation about .Internal ?
thanks,
    Mathieu

Mathieu Ros - 13 rue bévière - 38000 GRENOBLE - 04 76 491 370
http://www.multimania.com/mathieuros/index2.htmlDESS ingénierie
mathématique (biostatistiques)
Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble