[R] Help compiling R

Hagedorn, Dan N dan.hagedorn at pnl.gov
Mon Jan 24 23:06:41 CET 2000

Hi,

I have just downloaded R (v. 0.90.1) and am trying to compile it on a Sun/UNIX
system running Solaris 2.6.  Needless to say, I have run into a problem, and
cannot find any info on it through the CRAN site, or searching the old
discussion files.

When I do the "make', after configuring, I get the message, "The current
directory must be set to the RSI directory.  Change the default to the RSI
directory and re-run this script.". repeatedly.  This message is generated from
running the Makefile.  I have saved the text (attached), in hopes someone can
help me do the install correctly.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Hagedorn
Battelle/PNNL