[R] Crazy plots of time-series against dates

Marco Taboga mtaboga at tiscalinet.it
Mon Apr 30 18:08:07 CEST 2001

I am trying to plot a time series (a stock index) with dates on the x-axis.
If I type:
plot(a,b)
where a is the vector of dates obtained with chron() and b is the time series, I get a nice plot.
If I type:
plot(a,b,type="l")
to obtain the same plot with a continuous line instead of dots, I get the plot of the time series, but the graph is all scattered with numbers (thousands of numbers everywhere!).
What is wrong?
Is there a better way to get plots with dates on the x-axis?
Thank you.

Marco Taboga(mtaboga at tiscalinet.it)