[R] Auto Demonstration...

Ko-Kang@xtra.co.nz Ko-Kang at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 10 04:31:21 CET 2001

Dear List,

Suppose I want to do a demonstration with R, which I will be showing a couple of different graphs (e.g. demo(graphics) ).  However I want R to run through each graphics automatically.  I can achieve this by changing the line in demo(graphics):
    opar <- par(ask = interactive() &&
            (.Device %in% c("X11", "GTK", "windows", "Macintosh")))
    opar <- par(ask = FALSE &&
            (.Device %in% c("X11", "GTK", "windows", "Macintosh")))

However, I am not sure how I can delay the speed of changing between graphs.  In other words, as soon as R finish painting one graph, it will start painting the next one immediately.  What can I do to make R wait for, say 5 seconds, before it start painting the next graph?

Thanks a lot,

Ko-Kang Wang