[R] trouble to install the Rstream package

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Jun 12 18:11:48 CEST 2001

Dear R-users,

I successfully installed the package Rstreams under linux, but my first
attempt to do so on SGI IRIX 6.5 (64bits) lead to the following error
message.

--------------------
laurent at genome> R CMD INSTALL Rstreams
Installing source package `Rstreams' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for ftruncate... yes
checking size of long double... 16
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating src/config.h
 libs
gcc -I/home/ibiology1/laurent/share/irix64/lib/R/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I/usr/local/include   -fPIC  -O2 -c Rstreams.c -o Rstreams.o
Rstreams.c: In function `readfloat':
Rstreams.c:179: duplicate case value
Rstreams.c:173: this is the first entry for that value
Rstreams.c: In function `writefloat':
Rstreams.c:284: duplicate case value
Rstreams.c:278: this is the first entry for that value
gmake: *** [Rstreams.o] Error 1
ERROR: Compilation failed for package `Rstreams'

I suspect an obvious mistake from my side, but I just cannot see what is
wrong at the moment.

Any hint is welcome,

Laurent

--
Laurent Gautier                 CBS, Building 208, DTU
PhD. Student                    D-2800 Lyngby,Denmark