[R] removing duplicated rows from a data.frame

Gary Collins gco at eortc.be
Wed Oct 31 11:07:52 CET 2001

Dear all,
Sorry for the simplicity of the question, but how does one go about removing duplicated rows in a data.frame?
I'm looking for a quick and simple solution, as my data.frames are relatively large (50000 by 50). I've racked my brain and searched the help files and found nothing useful or quick, only duplicated() and unique() which work only work on lists.
Thanks
Gary.
Dr. Gary S. Collins,
Statistics Research Fellow,
Quality of Life Unit,
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer,
EORTC Data Center,
Avenue E. Mounier 83, bte. 11,
B-1200 Brussels, Belgium.

Tel: +32 2 774 1 606