[R] Analysis of Varience question.

Shawn Way sway at tanox.com
Wed Sep 12 17:43:58 CEST 2001

I'm trying to use R for some of the analysis shown in Box, Hunter and Hunter
(1979, I believe) using the aov function.  I'm using the first example in
chapter 6, where they are determining the analysis of varience between 4
treatments.

In this example, the are determineing the analysis between and within
treatments, which I can get by

aov(response~treatment+Error(treatment))

Where response is the response data (numeric) and treatment is the treatment
type (Factor).

In the next example, they determine the analysis of varience of the grand
average with these parameters, ie something like

response~average(response)+treatment+Error(treatment)

Giving the sum of the squares, the degrees of freedowm, etc.

Is this possible with the current setup of R?

Shawn Way