[R] error loading huge .RData

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Apr 24 14:17:06 CEST 2002

Patrick,

I appreciate your comments, and practice everything that you preach.
However, that workspace image contains only 2~3 R objects: the input and
output of a single R command.  I knew there could be problems, so I've
stripped it down to the bare minimum.  Yes, I also kept the commands in a
script.  That single command (in case you want to know: a random forest run
with 4000 rows and nearly 7000 variables) took over 3 days to run.  There's
not a whole lot I can do here when the data is so large.

Andy

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.