asking for help (was RE: [R] nnet trouble, continued)

Sirotkin, Alexander demiurg at ti.com
Fri Aug 9 16:06:28 CEST 2002

I agree (mostly) with what you've said here. I did not intend to send
that comment
to the auther of the software. Well, maybe I should have checked who's
the author
and wether or not he is subscribed to that list, but... In any case, I
don't think it justified
the response, which was much more insulting.

As for the question itself - I already found that missing values in
arguments to predict.nnet()
caused that error. I guess I just have to replace all NAs with means
before using my data
with nnet. I though that the fact that nnet() accepts na.action =
na.omit parameter suggests
that predict.nnet() will be able to deal with NAs in one way or another,
but I guess it's not.

Anyway, thanks.