[R] using dbWriteTable() fails

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Mon Aug 12 10:41:21 CEST 2002

Dear R-List,
I try to use the function dbWriteTable()  from library(Rdbi.PgSQL) in
order to write my dataframe to a postgres-db.
The following command does not work.
> dbWriteTable(connect, blah, name=deparse(substitute(blah)),
> no.clobber=T)
Error in dbAppendTable.PgSQL.conn(conn, name, data) :
        Table blah does not exist
it seems, that this command is trying to append the data.frame to an
existing table.
Is there a function, where I can write data.frames to postgres?

BTW, this function erases existing tables with the same error-message as
written above. I guess that this behavior is not correct.
Thank you for your help.
Stephan Holl

--
Stephan Holl