[R] Jpeg files dynamically but multiple figures (e.g xyplot (grid/lattice))...

CARLOS ORTEGA coforfe at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 20 19:57:56 CEST 2002

Dear List,

Some days ago, it was posted in this list a question regarding "How to generate graphics (jpeg) files dynamically". Although it was responded, there is a particular case in which I do not find the rigth solution.

My question also goes in the same direction but for the particular case of generating jpeg/bmp or png files when using xyplot (grid/lattice libraries) and the output is displayed in more than one window and its you do no have the control over the multiple figures except for allowing them to be displayed (par(ask=T/F)).

I know that there are alternatives like the pdf and postcript commands or even the obvious one to capture the different windows manually, but is any other way to capture it dynamically ?.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

P.S: Attached are the details of the R version I have.

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-pc-mingw32"

$arch