[R] gene ontology association

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:43:06 CET 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:34:02PM +0100, AlessandroSemeria at cramont.it wrote:
> Hello! I don't know if there is some R-package able
> to associate  ontology  to a long list of UniGene Name (a txt-tab file or
> an XML file), or
> if the best way is a Perl script.
> Some suggestion? Thanks!

 It depends on where the UniGene names come from and whether we have
 already done a mapping (for example if they were from some commonly
 used Affymetrix chips then it would be relatively easy). If not, you
 need to do the mapping - what is easiest depends on what you know,
 for me R is usually easier than Perl for many others it goes the
 other way...but really, you need to be a bit more specific about what
 you are trying to do if you want anyone to help you.

> A. S.

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.dfci.harvard.edu   |