[R] Re: Mailman password for R-help (and R-*) mailing lists?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 4 14:08:06 CET 2002

I'm forwarding this to R-help since it might be of wider
interest.  I'm glad for your mail, Duncan!

    Duncan> Hi Martin.  I don't think my mailman password was
    Duncan> mailed to me.

Indeed, it wasn't. I was wrong there.
It *is* done monthly for *all* mailing lists that haven't
disabled it -- but I missed that date by a few hours.

    Duncan>   Is there a way to ask it to (re)send?

yes.  At the very bottom of the web interface page,
it says

  >>  To change your subscription (set options like digest and
  >>  delivery modes, get a reminder of your password, or
  >>  unsubscribe from R-help), enter your subscription email
  >>  address:

do so and you will ...

    Duncan> This will likely be an issue again in 3 weeks when
    Duncan> people want to suspend their subscriptions for the
    Duncan> holiday, and have forgotten their passwords.

(why should they suspend? if everyone is in holidays, there's
 not much traffic ... ;-) :-)

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><